Computer
Main Amp
Gemini XP3000
Additional Amp
Samson SERVO 600
Other Amp
Samson SERVO 200 and Yamaha STR-DB840
Hi,

I wonder if it would be possible to add a "normalization" option in the spectral decay view to be able to have, like in the distorsion plot, the ability to get instantaneously the value of attenuation of a frequency for each time slice, optionally with an extra option "Limit norm. to 30dB below peak", and, it would be a must have in my opinion, a "Mask slices below noise level", or it could be a slice with a different color, showing the noise level of measurement.

I think this would be a great feature given the potential added value and the work needed to implement it.

Best regards,
Jean Ibarz

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The option to normalise to the peak at each frequency in the spectrogram provides similar functionality, combining that with the banded scale option provides similar info. I do have an item on the todo list to look at normalisation options for the waterfall and decay plots.

Jean Ibarz

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Computer
Main Amp
Gemini XP3000
Additional Amp
Samson SERVO 600
Other Amp
Samson SERVO 200 and Yamaha STR-DB840
Hi,

Sorry for the long delayed answer :

The option to normalise to the peak at each frequency in the spectrogram provides similar functionality, combining that with the banded scale option provides similar info. I do have an item on the todo list to look at normalisation options for the waterfall and decay plots.

Yes that's true, I didn't thought about banded scale option ! Thank you, and keep up the nice work :T

Eric SVL

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR-X4500H
Main Amp
Hypex NCore NC252MP
Computer Audio
iLoud MTM
DAC
Micca OriGen G2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony PS3, PS4
Front Speakers
Buchardt S400
Surround Speakers
Polk LSiM 702
Front Height Speakers
Focal Chorus OD 706 V
Rear Height Speakers
Focal Chorus OD 706 V
Subwoofers
Rythmik
Other Speakers or Equipment
ELAC Debut Reference DFR52
Screen
Samsung PN64H5000
Streaming Equipment
Google Chromecast
Streaming Subscriptions
GIK Tri-Traps
Interesting that I saw this, because I have been wanting to normalize the waterfall without having to get my frequency response perfectly flat first (not everyone can do that). That would absolutely be a great feature.

Top Bottom