Speaker calibration using a networked sound device

DSt

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
daniel.stolzberg@gmail.com
Hello,

I would like to use REW to calibrate a speaker that is driven by a networked device (see bela.io). I can send and play a wav file over this device. I can record the mic output directly into a USB soundcard on my computer (mac).

I am wondering if there exists a procedure whereby I can play a wav file - ex: a sine swept stimulus - to create a compensated transfer function of the networked sound card/speaker.

Any ideas? Please let me know if anything is unclear.

Thanks,
Dan

Planetnine

Registered
Is this the only way that a sweep can be played over networked audio on a PC while measuring on a Umik-1 please John?

I have a USB Umik-1 to measure the audio, and the networked audio device is accessed via ASIO. Unfortunately I don't think I can configure ASIO for the output and the Umik-1 for the input in Preferences/Soundcard.

Could this be made possible please, or will I have to save the sweep as a wav and play via another media application while measuring with the Umik-1?

Many thanks.

>

John Mulcahy

REW Author
ASIO requires inputs and outputs to be from the same device. You may be able to use ASIO4All, which creates a synthetic ASIO device using WDM drivers for multiple devices, to do what you want using ASIO drivers.

Top Bottom