Slow directory navigation

Clayton Williamson

I'm having some minor trouble with very slow directory-related actions. For example, after opening REW on my win 10 64bit machine, it takes 10-15 seconds from the time "open" is pressed until the file dialog box opens. Navigating up and down in the directory structure is similarly slow. The drive is an SSD, and very quick for other applications. I didn't experience this with older versions of REW, though I don't recall which version corresponds with the onset. Any suggestions as to what is wrong or what I can do to restore normal speed? Thanks in advance!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I'm not aware of any changes that would affect the file chooser, but you can try earlier REW versions from the History tab of the download page to see if the problem is linked to any particular version. The file chooser might also be slow if the directory structure contains links to drives which are not available, such as disconnected network shares. As a workaround you can also drag and drop files onto the REW window from the Windows file explorer.

Top Bottom