Simultaneous LCR signal generator in REW for macOS

ranyart

Registered
Hi all! For years I used to use AudioTools iOS app for home theater measurements and calibration. One of the in-app option there is a Surround Generator which was quite handy to equalize speakers but suddenly stopped to work properly in iOS13. This is a serious issue for me and after some researches I decided to buy MacBook and switch to REW instead. What I've found is that REW HDMI channels selection in macOS provides similar functionality except of one - simultaneous LCR channels selection for signal generator (see picture of AudioTools generator example). There's L+R for stereo but no L+C+R for home theater. I think it'll be beneficial to add this routing option, especially that some home theater pros use simultaneous LCR measurement as one of the method to verify home theater calibration results.

Attachments

• LCR Signal Gen.jpg
    LCR Signal Gen.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 7

John Mulcahy

REW Author
How is L+C+R used for verification? When a timing reference is used measurements of L, C and R individually can be summed to show what L+C+R would look like at the measurement position.

ranyart

Registered
Spatialy averaged 4 mics response with full band pink noise feed to LCR simultaneously. It's much more effective than single mic measurement of 3 individual channels at each of 4 positions. But the limitation now is availability of all-LCR test signal.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There is a todo list item for multiple outputs, I'll add this to it. No idea when I might get to that though.

Top Bottom