Show Modal frequencies?

lalaland

Registered
When I do a Room Simulation and then look at the All SPL graph I expected (according to the manual) that I could show the modal frequencies overlayed on the graph via the settings but I cannot find it in the settings.
I can also not find the "Show room panel"
The dimensions also show up in the EQ panel if that is needed ?
How can I make the graph show the modal freq overlayed?
Also , is it possible to get an waterfall or RT60/Decay/Spectrogram "estimate" graphic from the room sim ?
Using Ver 5.30.2

EDIT: Found it , I need to be in the SPL&Phase window.
I should be able to see it in the Decay window as well but its not in the settings?
Has this been changes since the manual ?

SUGGESTION: It would be useful to be able to select if to show axial, tangiental, oblique

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 11.56.15.png
    Screen Shot 2024-01-05 at 11.56.15.png
    36 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I should be able to see it in the Decay window as well but its not in the settings?
There is an option to Show modal frequencies in the Decay graph controls, immediately above the Export data button.

is it possible to get an waterfall or RT60/Decay/Spectrogram "estimate" graphic from the room sim ?
The room simulator generates magnitude and phase data over a limited frequency range rather than an impulse response. You can create an impulse response from it by multiplying the room sim result by a perfect impulse using the All SPL graph trace arithmetic A*B feature. Creating a perfect impulse is most easily done from the EQ window using the "Generate measurement from filters" action in the Filter tasks pane, making sure no filters have been defined. The result of the multiplication may have some artefacts near the upper end of the room simulator's output due to the absence of data at higher frequencies.

Top Bottom