Setting up and Calibrating Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen (getting feedback)

azpc

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen
Front Speakers
JBL LSR305
Hello,
I'm a new user of REW, I'm trying to calibrate my USB Interface Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen, but I'm getting feedback when trying.
I need help on which Input and Output I should choose. Also, when I turn up my Input 1 gain on my Scarlett, it doesn't reach high levels, it only reaches -48.
And also, my Main Monitor knob is affecting my In level, which I think it shouldn't affect anything since I'm trying to reach an Input 1 level, not my Output level.

Thank you.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Disable the inputs on the monitoring path so the output comes only from the computer. Use the input and output you plan to use when measuring, but for an interface as good as the 8i6 there isn't really anything you need to calibrate out in the response. The calibration is more about making sure you get rid of any monitoring path that feeds the input back to the outputs, as that makes the measurements invalid. It is easier to see that in a loopback measurement than a room measurement.

azpc

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen
Front Speakers
JBL LSR305
Thank you John, it solved the problem.
And thanks for the clarification about my interface, I did it to "follow" the normal procedure.

But now I have a different one, after clicking on different places, the UI starts to glitch, I'm attaching screenshots.

I think I read that the solution is to re-install the software, isn't it?

Thanks

Attachments

• REW 1.jpg
    REW 1.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 17
  • REW 2.jpg
    REW 2.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 15

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Run the installer again but turn off the option to use hardware graphics acceleration when you get to that step.

Top Bottom