Say hello to my little friends

Kakkadu

IMG_1508.png
IMG_1510.png
IMG_1522.png
IMG_1532.png
kinopalatsi teatteri 2.2.17.png

Kakkadu

I'm drooling over your work shop... (oh yeah... the subs are awesome too).
It's actually from a local furniture factory, I know the owner and he's a hi-fi enthusiast also. Own's large ESL:s...
The holes and the taps were CNC machined...

Christopher

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon CI 2112
Front Speakers
Costom OB
Center Channel Speaker
None
Surround Speakers
None
Subwoofers
OB
Kakkadu,
Awesome. And there is a guaranteed engineering job on The Death Star for you. The forklift is to move them, yes? Handles-schmandles... I'm guessing 300+lbs each? I've sailed boats smaller than those things. Those drivers are clearly HUGE, and that's A LOT of "MFD" (Mutha' Frukkin' Denseboard). I've just finished some nice, well-braced (but comparatively miniature) 22" x 11" x 10" three-way speakers and they weigh 32 lbs each WITHOUT drivers. I'm a professional builder with a great shop and it was still a MASSIVE, 50 hour project, so...Chapeau!
This level of undertaking makes one realize how cheap (and/or expensive), light, commercially-built speakers are hard to do correctly given how much the boxes flex, bend, and sing at random frequencies. I have yet to work on active crossovers, etc. Hrmph
And yikes! 130dB at 20Hz is ear-nose-eye-bleed territory. Please be careful!!! :hide:
IMG_2836.JPG IMG_2838.JPG IMG_2844.JPG IMG_2847.JPG IMG_2856.JPG IMG_2872.JPG

Kakkadu

Kakkadu,
Awesome. And there is a guaranteed engineering job on The Death Star for you. The forklift is to move them, yes? Handles-schmandles... I'm guessing 300+lbs each? I've sailed boats smaller than those things. Those drivers are clearly HUGE, and that's A LOT of "MFD" (Mutha' Frukkin' Denseboard). I've just finished some nice, well-braced (but comparatively miniature) 22" x 11" x 10" three-way speakers and they weigh 32 lbs each WITHOUT drivers. I'm a professional builder with a great shop and it was still a MASSIVE, 50 hour project, so...Chapeau!
This level of undertaking makes one realize how cheap (and/or expensive), light, commercially-built speakers are hard to do correctly given how much the boxes flex, bend, and sing at random frequencies. I have yet to work on active crossovers, etc. Hrmph
And yikes! 130dB at 20Hz is ear-nose-eye-bleed territory. Please be careful!!! :hide:
View attachment 32328 View attachment 32330 View attachment 32331 View attachment 32333 View attachment 32335 View attachment 32327
Very nice Christopher. Do you have measurement graphs?

Kakkadu

May I suggest a name for your little friends?

[the] INCONTINATORS
Heh, funny coincidence. My friend owns a strip club which is registered as 'incontinent ltd' :greengrin:

/edit: And don't ask if I found this out from my billing history :greengrin:

Last edited:

Kakkadu

Active crossovers are the way to go IMO. I am going to remove the crossovers in my RP160Ms and use miniDSP 2x4HDs.
I would leave a capacitor to the tweeters just in case your MiniDSP setup gets corrupt or you connect the cables wrong by accident. Without caps the tweeters will blow extremely easy in this scenario.

Bpape

Very nice! I just got rid of my Servo Drive since I downsized my home. It was a beast but not THAT loud! Looking forward to pics of them in place.

Top Bottom