Save filter data... no data...

TNT

If I have a measurement (SPL and Phase tab) that was generated from an EQ session with filters and I try to do Export the filter settings as "formatted text" or as "text", I get a table with zeros in both cases.
But I see in the left pane that the in the bottom info area for the particular measurement, associated filter setting data set to be available :

PK Fc 38.85 Hz Gain -1.70 dB Q 4.350
PK Fc 68.40 Hz Gain -3.20 dB Q 2.400
PK Fc 103.0 Hz Gain -3.20 dB Q 2.400

but in both exports i see:

Notes:
Generic
Number Enabled Control Type Frequency(Hz) Gain(dB) Q Bandwidth(Hz) TargetT60(ms) Shape Slope_dB/oct Frequency2(Hz) _Q2_ Slope2_dB/oct
1 True Auto None
2 True Auto None
3 True Auto None

Where is it that I go wrong here? :-)

//

John Mulcahy

REW Author
That measurement has no filters of its own, the notes area shows the filters that were used to generate it. The filters are in the original measurement, export from that.

TNT

Thanks!

Yes, I started to realise this.

Now, doing EQ and generating filters with AutoEQ with rePhase set as target, using the option "Save filter setting to file" generates an .xml file but I cant get rePhase to open that.. is it intended to work?

What is really the difference between "Save" and "Export" in REW - "Save", is that for REW and Export for other external target, as set in the EQ?

//

John Mulcahy

REW Author
is it intended to work?
Is that intended to be a serious question?

1710810651202.png

What is really the difference between "Save" and "Export" in REW
REW help.

TNT

Actually it was. But eventually I found out, But why do a normally gifted person have to dig deep into pane specific menus to find an import function? Quite poor UX. Buts thats a rePhase "issue".

How about the Save vs. Export use in REW.

I'm of course grateful that this work at all - thanks all involved - but there also could be a little more helpful/guiding naming of choice in REW:

(How are "Save " vs "Export" used - what is the difference and thinking between these 2 concepts?)

a) Save filters coefficient to file
b) Export filter setting as text
c) Export filter setting as formatted text

Help text:

a) Save filter coefficients to file writes the biquad coefficients for the current filters at the selected sample rate in a form the equaliser can import.
b) Export filter settings as text
c) Export filter settings as formatted text generate text files with the filter types and settings.

suggestion (e.g. a vs b - both will be text and both will be to file...) - perhaps add the set "equaliser" in the end of the lie - will also help in not outputting to with wrong setting on top of page...

a) Save <equaliser> filters coefficient to file - eg: Save CamillaDSP filters coefficient to file
b) Export filter setting as text, generic (see below...)
c) Export filter setting as formatted text, generic (see below...)

For me, b) and c) get confusing - looking in the files I dont think there is anything that Camilla can read - but I have to confess I haven't tried - the a) option is working so good.

I suspect these are generic output formats present in all settings for "equaliser" - but the use is unclear for me - is it for REWs own use? Help file dont offer any insigth. The contain the same data except that the formatted one that seem to hold one more REW specific concept i.e. "AutoEQ". If it is indeed generic - perhaps and ending, "generic" could be more helpful.

Also, I suggest the feature to be able to scroll in the input fields in EQ to change values is removed - it's too often that one changes input as one navigates the EQ page up and down on a laptop by swiping... but maybe its only me... :cool: or perhaps a Setting.

//

Top Bottom