RTA graph freq resp on REW 5.20.13

caseopia

Registered
Hi John,need some advice

i took measurement using umik-1 and rew 5.20.13 on my right tweeter. But the graph won't drop under 1 Khz
instead it rise like crazy on 50 Hz - 100 Hz
then i uninstal and get the old version rew 5.19 same umik-1 mic and same tweeter to measure.
it came normal, the graph drop at 3Khz nothing left under 3 Khz. Can you advice me John? Thank you.

Nordo

More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon AVR X1500H
Additional Amp
Sub amp - Behringer EP2500
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasoic BD35
Front Speakers
DIY
Center Channel Speaker
DIY
Surround Speakers
DIY
Surround Back Speakers
DIY
Front Height Speakers
-
Rear Height Speakers
-
Subwoofers
Four 15" infinite baffle drivers
Other Speakers or Equipment
HTPC (windows 10 with Kodi)
Video Display Device
Epson EMP-TW2000 projector
Screen
Matt white "blockout" curtain liner
Hi John,need some advice

i took measurement using umik-1 and rew 5.20.13 on my right tweeter. But the graph won't drop under 1 Khz
instead it rise like crazy on 50 Hz - 100 Hz
then i uninstal and get the old version rew 5.19 same umik-1 mic and same tweeter to measure.
it came normal, the graph drop at 3Khz nothing left under 3 Khz. Can you advice me John? Thank you.
I recently did some speaker testing (for crossover design) using a UMIK-1 and the latest version of REW.
SPL graphs were normal and what was expected - i.e. no anomalies.
Make sure all your settings in REW are correct. Read Making Measurements in the REW help
In particular, don't use the subwoofer signal unless you are testing a true sub.

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Perhaps an issue with the pink noise filtering if it was sourced from REW, depending on what settings you were using. There are some fixes in that area in the V5.20.14 early access build.

Reactions: Nordo
Top Bottom