Room Sim data location; one mdat between two PC's

petervee

Registered
Ran some measurements, plugged in some Room Sim data on one PC, etc. and saved the .mdat to a shared location. Went to another PC to look at a few things, opened the shared .mdat, and noticed the Room Sim data was not present.

Is Room Sim data saved elsewhere, out of the .mdat? Anyone happen to have a path for the Room Sim data file? Took a quick look around, but nothing jumped out. Or, is it more complicated than that?

TIA

John Mulcahy

REW Author
mdat files contain measurement data, the room simulator settings are local to the installation and saved in the installation preferences. There isn't a way to save/load room simulator settings to/from file, but I can add that to the request list.

petervee

Registered
Makes sense, thanks! I'm not certain of how frequent of a use case it is to want sim data on two machines, and if warrants an RFE, but that would be awesome. Could even be handy for manually entering values, as opposed to the GUI. Incredible software btw! Will be making a donation! Helped me confirm some nulls I was(nt) hearing, and the room sim backed up reality quite nicely. Also consistent with 'results' from a sub crawl. On to researching treatments! Thanks again.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can save a room sim response as a measurement and save that as an mdat, using these buttons:

Top Bottom