Room Acoustic Parameters

AlbDej

Registered
Hello !

To calculate room acoustic parameters with a spreadsheet, I need the impulse response of a room, filtered by octave bands.

Is it possible with REW to export impulse response filtered by octave bands as text, in only one export ?
Because I can only export the IR band by band.

Thank you for your answer !

Best regards,
Albane

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, there isn't a function to export a set of octave band filtered IRs. If you are going to do the calculations in a spreadsheet why not do the filtering there as well?

AlbDej

Registered
"why not do the filtering there as well? " I am not capable of doing such a thing, I'm only a mechanical engineer student doing an internship in acoustics.

REW is able to do the filtering, so I wonder, would it be possible to obtain directly the discretised IR filtered by octave bands in a tab ?
Do you still work on updates of REW ?

Thank you for your answer,

Best regards,
Albane

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW is continually developed, there just over 500 items on the todo list currently. Since filtered IRs can be exported individually, and REW already calculates various ISO3382 acoustic parameters, it doesn't seem worth adding such a feature.

AlbDej

Registered
Ok, I understand, you certainly have more interesting features to add ! Thank you for your work, I think REW is a wonderful software.

However, I think it's worth adding it because it is a great time saving, especially for my project. In fact, I calculate also lateral and binaural parameters so REW is not sufficient to get all acoustic parameters. That is why I need to do my calculation on a spreadsheet.
You might keep the idea for your 501st item ;)

Top Bottom