Rolling Leq

BananaHanger

Registered
Hello all

I have found REW to be extremely useful for monitoring sound levels in live music situations (when used together with a measurement mic and calibrator). I specifically use the SPL meter showing live dBA Slow and occasionally change over to LAeq. However I have one gripe with this, the Leq time has to be reset manually and is not constantly rolling. I want to set a time, such as 15 or 60 minutes and then have a rolling Leq constantly displayed next to the live dBA Slow.

As far as I can tell there is no way to do this currently, as such I have to reset the Leq timer myself and if I forget to do this then my measurement becomes inaccurate. Am I missing something or is this not possible currently? If it is not currently a feature I would love for it to be added :)

BananaHanger

Registered
Thank you for your reply.

I should have clarified that I am aware of the rolling Leq within the logger, however the way those figures are presented in the logger makes them quite hard to see.

What I want is to have the rolling Leq within the SPL meter function. The SPL meter does already have Leq, but it is not rolling :)

DPendavingh

Registered
Hi, I was just looking for this feature!

In the Netherlands the standard for measuring sound levels at events is Leq with a window of 2 minutes. I think this is the standard length in the whole EU, but I'm not 100% sure.
It would be very nice to have it in the SPL meter (maybe even with the option to set custom window lenghts?)

Cheers

Top Bottom