REW Waterfall DIsplay to show extended range to 1 HZ

Soundlord1

Registered
I am working on research for Arceo-Acoustic measurements in ancient sites and analyzing earth related ELF waves measured acoustically,
Is there a modification to the program that can allow the REW program to display ELF frequencies of 10HZ down to 1 HZ or lower in waterfall and spectrum graphs ?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
I can make a change for the next build to use the View preference for the start of the frequency axis as the minimum for spectrograms and waterfalls, that will allow values down to 0.1 Hz. Windows would need to be correspondingly long, of course, and there is a risk of plotting artefacts. If you find what look like plotting issues I'd need some sample data to see if they could be resolved.

Soundlord1

Registered
I can make a change for the next build to use the View preference for the start of the frequency axis as the minimum for spectrograms and waterfalls, that will allow values down to 0.1 Hz. Windows would need to be correspondingly long, of course, and there is a risk of plotting artefacts. If you find what look like plotting issues I'd need some sample data to see if they could be resolved.
Excellent, I would really appreciate the modification. I am using the MAC build. Long windows are not a problem, I can make special windows that narrow the range to show the ELF region for the research. Any schedule for the next build ? I'll be sure to give feedback and samples if needed.

Top Bottom