REW vs TrueRTA for car audio RTA purposes?

Rivers

Hi, I would like to set crossover points, time alignment and EQ using a software program and was wondering if REW would be able to do this well?

I used to have a copy of trueRTA which seem to work well but I have lost that copy and am wondering if REW would work just as well.

I have a ECM8000 measuring mic and a MobilePre USB that I plan on using. Does any one know if these two would work well with REW and which calibrated ECM8000 file would work best with REW?

Many Thanks!

L

Leonard Caillouet

I will defer to others who have more experience with car audio, and I have not used TrueRTA in a long while, but it was just an RTA tool back in the day. If that is what you want it is actually easier to use for that only. But RTA is hard to make crossover decisions with, in my experience. Having more precise data on the response of drivers and the system can lead to better decisions.

Rivers

I will defer to others who have more experience with car audio, and I have not used TrueRTA in a long while, but it was just an RTA tool back in the day. If that is what you want it is actually easier to use for that only. But RTA is hard to make crossover decisions with, in my experience. Having more precise data on the response of drivers and the system can lead to better decisions.

Can I have some crossover point recommendations? These are my speaker specifications:

Tweeter:

2tu1Dq.jpg

6.5" Woofer:

JDLOvd.jpg

I also have an active 8" subwoofer that can choose a HPF crossover between 50hz to 125hz:

AU9PmV.jpg

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom