Front Height Speakers
svs elevations
Rear Height Speakers
psb
Subwoofers
dual svs pb3000
Video Display Device
LG C1 77 inch
hello - I am new new REW- watched 20 videos- read forums- and bought a umik-1, have a windows 11 laptop- and DL REW and the calibration files- my issue is I hook the laptop using HDMI to aux1 use direct, usb connect my umik-1- everything shows up in REW- using java- and all the settings that match the videos- like the one Brad has- he goes to level the speakers to 75db using the REW SPL and sound generator- I do exactly what he does- but he turns the receiver volume up and his spl meter is around a constant 75, I do it and my spl meter reads 60 but then will go down to the floor 25db and not move and stay at 25db, I will yell into the mic and it will spike so it is hearing something- but the pink noise from my receiver it acts like it does not pick up other than at first then drops- I have tried everything - deleted REW reloaded- looked on forums for solutions- 1 person sounded like they had my exact problem but no one responded and it is now a 4 year old thread, I can run sweeps but they are all in the 10-20 db which everyone says need to be louder- it is like my umik-1 hears me but not pink noise- is the umik-defective? I wanted to ask here first before I contact place i bought the mic from. I did hit calibrate soundcard playing around- deleted it and now using the 90 degree one
any help is appreciated- I am new at this, much I don't understand- but I can follow a recipe- like Brad's video but there is something off in my system, settings, mic ? I feel like it is something simple but my trial and error has me frustrated
thank you for any guidance and help

Jack1949

VIP Supporter
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-A3040
Additional Amp
KING 5-CHerry Amp - Digital Amplifier Co.
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo BDP-103D
Front Speakers
JTR 210RT
Center Channel Speaker
JTR 210RM
Surround Speakers
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL
Front Height Speakers
Polk Audio RT55i
Rear Height Speakers
Polk Audio RT35i
Subwoofers
Dual JTR 118HT
Other Speakers or Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
Video Display Device
Samsung UN60H6350
Don't know if this will help, but 2 things come to mind.

When I first started using UMIK-1 I had intermittent audio problems. I found that I wasn't pushing the cable far enough into the mic. You should hear or feel a click when it is properly seated.

It could be that your Window's audio settings are causing the problem. You could follow @AustinJerry's instructions for Window's Audio Configuration setup in his Getting Started with REW document. It might fix your problem and there's lots of good information in there to get you started. The doc isn't updated for Windows 11, but it should be similar to the Windows 10 info. Here's the link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/51jpnxet3bvew2k/REW 101 HTS Current Version.pdf?dl=0

Good luck!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
On the Windows audio properties for the UMIK, Levels tab, set the input volume to 54%, which is 0 dB.

doom_20032002

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Denon 4300h
Main Amp
emotiva xpa3
Front Speakers
svs ultra towers
Center Channel Speaker
svs ultra
Surround Speakers
energy LRC
Surround Back Speakers
Energy Rc-10
Front Height Speakers
svs elevations
Rear Height Speakers
psb
Subwoofers
dual svs pb3000
Video Display Device
LG C1 77 inch
On the Windows audio properties for the UMIK, Levels tab, set the input volume to 54%, which is 0 dB.
I found a 2nd audio properties in advance - and it finally worked- thank you!!!!

Top Bottom