Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Pioneer SC-91
Front Speakers
Polk Audio RTi12
Center Channel Speaker
Polk Audio CSiA6
Surround Speakers
Polk Audio F/X 6
I've gotten a sub signal through REW tests before and I feel like I am forgetting something stupid.

Here's my setup:

Pioneer SC-91
MiniDSP HD 2x4
Windows 10
Ubuntu 20

When running a movie through my BD input on my Nvidia Sheild or Roku, I get multichannel sound and the subs kick in. Awesome.

When I run through the same receiver input with REW, I get sound to my mains but nothing to the subs during the level tests.

When I switch to ASIO, I can see different channels available but nothing comes through on channel 4.

When I run some IMAX intros in Windows 10/chrome, I also don't get signal to the subs,

I don't get any input signal at the MiniDSP, but I bypassed it anyway and got zero to one of the subs.

It seems like it's got to be the receiver not "seeing" the signal right? IThe Pioneer stays in Sterero mode and that seems weird.

Just for the hell of it, I ran REW on a different laptop, and on linux, using a dock, and a different hdmi cable - and i get the same behavior.

Am I missing some bonehead setting on the SC-91?

Many thanks,
Raf

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you are running HDMI to the Pioneer you will need it to be in a mode that accepts multichannel when using the ASIO driver, not in Stereo.

Top Bottom