REW SPL Meter Glitch Asking for Calibration File Endlessly

alex519

Registered
Hello,
I'm trying to calibrate REW's SPL meter using the miniDSP UMIK-1 with an SPL meter app on my iphone. I have uploaded the calibration file for my microphone in the preferences, but every time I click "calibrate" on REW's SPL meter, it asks me if I have a calibration file for my mic. When I click "yes", I am asked to locate the calibration file on my computer (even though it is already saved on REW's preferences setting page under the "cal files" tab). When I locate it the cal file for my mic and click it, the pop-up goes away. When I then click on "Calibrate" again, it all starts again, asking if I have a calibration file, and thus an endless loop is generated everytime I follow the prompts on the pop-ups. See screenshot below.

The only way I can get past this is to say "no", meaning that I don't have a calibration file, which allows me to start the calibration process, but also causes me to doubt that REW is conducting the SPL calibration with the calibration profile I've entered for my mic...

Please help.

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2024-04-03 at 10.26.35 AM.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Select an input on the UMIK, don't leave the input as default. The UMIK is calibrated, you don't need to calibrate the SPL meter.

alex519

Registered
Select an input on the UMIK, don't leave the input as default. The UMIK is calibrated, you don't need to calibrate the SPL meter.
Got it. I was following the instructions on the Music City Acoustics video, but I'll happily skip this step if it isn't necessary. So I can just go straight to measurement then?

Thanks, John!

Top Bottom