REW showing different graph when importing filter generated in rePhase

Krunok

So, I created this filter with rePhase:

I generated a filter in 32 bit LPCM mono WAV format. When I imported filter in REW it looked like this:

Can somebody please explain why there's a difference?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It would be easier with the file rather than a picture, but IR window setting is a candidate assuming you are not using any smoothing.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
From the IR the export looks to be a windowed response, if you extend the left and right IR windows to cover the whole response you will see something that looks the same as the Rephase plot. If you do that by dragging the L and R indicators at the top of the IR plot you can see in the preview how the settings affects the low end of the response.

Krunok

That did the trick, thank you! :)

Btw, that filter contains 2 brickwall filters at 32Hz and 22050Hz. Is that the reason for windowed response?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
It is more probably part of the way Rephase constructs its filters.

The window adjustment was needed mainly because the filter is not causal so the left window needs to be much wider than is needed for typical measurement responses, which are causal.

Krunok

It is more probably part of the way Rephase constructs its filters.

The window adjustment was needed mainly because the filter is not causal so the left window needs to be much wider than is needed for typical measurement responses, which are causal.

Is that a bad thing when room EQ filter isn't causal or is that normal/expected?

Top Bottom