REW setup with Denon X4700H buggy?

rv112

Registered
I'm using REW to measure my room EQ with my X4700H. Connected it to front HDMI in Stereo mode. Unfortunately Audyssey seems to work strange in this setup. Was using Audyssey with the mobile app but if I edit the frequency curve for subwoofer there nothing changes with REW. Even more strange the curve edit of the main speakers is visible by measureing the subs! My problem is that I have too less bass from 20-25Hz in REW WHILE playing WITH subwoofers! The mains alone at full range having more bass there! The two subs are placed right behind each of the mains in the corner. I think there is a rolloff from the AVR but I don't know how to setup it better.

Here is a REW of my setup (mains: Heco Astron 500, two subwoofers: Sunfire True Subwoofer). Crossovers 80Hz for the mains and 120Hz for the subs.

Green line mains (fullrange) only
Red line complete system with subs

Any hints on this how to fix it? Each of the subs is rated for 18Hz 110dB so they're not the problem.

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
Measure just the subs. Make sure your computer is setup for 5.1 or 7.1 or Atmos sound. Then use FlexASIO in REW to be able to select your sub only.

Do this withOUT Audyssey... start first my measuring the raw stereo response with your main speakers (L+R) set to small and the crossover set to 80Hz.

Set your REW graph to logarithmic with your axis set to 45-105db and 10-200Hz and sweep 0-400Hz for the sub.

Top Bottom