Front Speakers
LXMini +++, my variation w 18" dipole woofers
Subwoofers
18" sealed Sonotube w 1200 w amp; my build
Remote Control
yup.
Streaming Subscriptions
Magnum Dynalab tuner, miniDSP 4x10 HD
I have not used REW for about 5 months, during which I think there have been 2 Windows 10 updates (if that matters). I am unable to get sound via Sweeps, Check Levels or the Generator. I downloaded the newest REW version; no help. The microphone works; file is calibrated. When the Measurement screen is open and I try another feature, I get the oops-tinkle sound, so REW is still voicing, somewhat. My Hp appears to be functioning normally, as is the hifi. I can play music via the computer but nothing from REW.

This has never happened before. Last I used REW it performed as expected. I am not a computer literate person, IMO, and do not know where to go, now. Thanks and regards, Mike

John Mulcahy

REW Author
When REW is open right click on the Windows volume control and select Open Volume Mixer. Make sure the volume control for REW is not muted.

If that doesn't help post a screenshot of the REW soundcard preferences (open the preferences, press Alt + PrtSc, then paste with Ctrl+V into a reply here).

michael goldstein

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Oppo HA-1
Main Amp
3 stereo amps
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Krell CD, rarely used
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
Remote Control
yup.
Streaming Subscriptions
1679683751630.png

John, per your request. Windows volume was ON. thx, mike

michael goldstein

Registered
More  
Oppo HA-1
Main Amp
3 stereo amps
Krell CD, rarely used
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
Remote Control
yup.
Streaming Subscriptions

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You need to press the Next button. It is also generally better to select the actual output device you are using rather than leaving it as default as the Windows default can change when you connect or disconnect audio devices.

michael goldstein

Registered
More  
Oppo HA-1
Main Amp
3 stereo amps
Krell CD, rarely used
Front Speakers
Subwoofers
Remote Control
yup.
Streaming Subscriptions
You need to press the Next button. It is also generally better to select the actual output device you are using rather than leaving it as default as the Windows default can change when you connect or disconnect audio devices.
I pressed the Next button yesterday without resolution but choosing the Output Device today did the trick. The Next button did not become active until I did a subwoofer Check Level. All is good, now. Many Thanks, Mike
Another subject: I have supported REW several times Anonymously but wonder if it is better for your data to have names attached to the donations. Plz let me know. Regards, Mike

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Glad it's working now, Mike. There's no need for a donation, thanks for your support.

Top Bottom