REW produces no signal at SPDIF to OpenDRC DA8

mike.ssi

Registered
Hi, new here. Been using REW in my workshop with miniDSP 4x10 HD for testing & development w/o serious issues. Trying to run REW in order to measure my 3-way active speakers in the house. System consists of W10 PC with 8 yo Asus motherboard + OpenDRC DA8. JRiver 26, SPDIF out from motherboard to DA8, using ASIO4ALL drivers. The music system works fine, but I am unable to get any signal from REW into SPDIF. The DA8 software (miniSHARC 4x9 96k) "sees" no signal at its inputs. Please help!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Are you selecting ASIO and ASIO4all in REW and choosing the ASIO4All output that corresponds to the PC's SPDIF output?

mike.ssi

Registered
Thanks for the quick response, John!

REW doesn't give me the option to select ASIO4all. Options that do show up are...

Default Device
Primary Sound driver
Dig. Audio - SPDIF
Dig. Audio - HDMI
JRiver
TV

I have tried them all, even the nonsensical ones like the TV & HDMI. None work.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Those are the Java driver options, you need to select ASIO to see ASIO drivers. Would have expected the Dig. Audio SPDIF option to work anyway though, unless the output is being accessed exclusively by something else.

mike.ssi

Registered
Driver options --- oh, didn't even see that!

I did try choosing ASIO4all, and got it set up to SPDIF. Now, the UMIK-1 mic cannot be selected as input, and when I try running a generator tone, there's still nothing showing up at the miniSHARC input.

mike.ssi

Registered
OK, realized I have to enable UMIK1 in the ASIO4all driver interface -- which I did. Still not working.

Top Bottom