REW Output Problem L+R not working

marcom

Registered
Hello,

First time here, I am trying to measure my new control room, and first time using REW. I am using a Sonarworks mic with a Focusrite Scarlet 2i2 for the calibration in Windows 10 64bit. However I can't seem to get both speakers to work with REW. If I am selecting the Java option the L+R option is active however when I try to check the levels it doesn't output any sound.

If I select the ASIO and The Focusrite USB driver instead (tried with ASIO4ALL too still the same issue), I can only select either the Left or Right output channel, but no option for L+R. However the outputs are working and I get sound out of the speaker (L or R)

I have tried to reinstall REW a few times using different versions, I tried with another interface (Avid Mbox 3), nothing is working, still the same issue : Java L+R but no sound, with ASIO I get sound but only individual L or R speaker.
I asked a friend to come along with his Macbook, and we got L+R showing up and sound coming from both speakers simultaneously, using the same setup (Scarlet 2i2, same cables.. etc). So it appears on Mac there is no issue to get both speakers working with the same setup.

I'm confused... I don't know what else to try, Is there something I'm not doing right on Windows?

Would appreciate any input,
Thanks!

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Is "Default output" your only output choice when you have selected the Scarlett for output device? If not, select whatever is offered. Same applies for the Input.

When using ASIO the signal generator and the Measure dialog both have an option to enable a second ASIO output channel.

marcom

Registered
I get the option of either selecting the Output 1 or Output 2 in the dropdown. Same for the Input. However, selecting the second Output channel in the measure tab got both speakers working. Somehow I missed it. Thanks a lot, appreciate it!

Top Bottom