REW not loading .mdat files created using Save All - Windows 10

camscottie

Registered
Hi there,

I've been using REW 20.3/4 and I've come across an issue with saving. What I've done is saved a subset of measurements as a different filename using Save All.
The result is that in Windows Explorer the file is named correctly and looks like the filename that I gave it, but when browsing in REW it doesn't show up when I'm only searching for .mdats, and when I search for all file types it shows as some combination of characters. When I try double clicking in Windows explorer to open one of these .mdat files, it doesn't load.

The view from windows explorer:

The view from REWs Open Button, with all files types:

Any ideas on what is happening here?

Thanks
Cameron

camscottie

Registered
It failed to attach to this message, but then I copied the .mdat to a new location on disk and it seemed to be fine.
I then deleted the .mdat in the original location, and copied it from the new location back to it's original location to see what would happen, and the file shows up as in the first post when trying to open in REW from the original location.

Here is the working version of the .mdat

Attachments

• IRs_selected_gained.mdat
    5.9 MB · Views: 9
Last edited:

camscottie

Registered
Here it is in a zip from the original location where it was exhibiting the behaviour

Attachments

• IRs_selected_gained.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 9

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The attachments look normal. All seems odd, perhaps some sort of partial update of the Java runtime's view of the file system. It can be a bit slow to catch up with changes made when files are saved, but usually that just means a new file doesn't appear until something is done to force an update, such as changing to a different folder and back.

Top Bottom