REW minidsp issues (failing to isolate subs, lack of output after alignment.)

makeitwork

Registered
Begging for help at this point after a few weeks of trial and error.

I built out a dedicated theater about ready to start on the treatments. Before I do I wanted to see how bad the bass response was and what I could do about it.

I picked up a umik1 and boom stand(using 90 deg cal file), downloaded REW 5.2( got a minidsp hd 2x4(running three subs(twofront wall at 1/4 3/4 one on back mid wall). AVR is a denon x4300h using multieq editor app.

I have watch the setup videos from home theater guru and home theater gamer.

My goal for now is to time align the three subs with best possible summation, then rerun Audyssey for sub main integration.

I have had a terrible time trying to make this work.

For AVR settup I now have a calibration in the multie eq app, crossover 250 hz, speakers small, stereo, 1 sub, sub level zero, bass set to LFE, I then go and turn audyssey off.

I have the minidsp set up input on 1, using output 1,2,3. I have bypassed the crossovers and linked channel 1 and 2, 3 and 4.

1. so I open REW my AVR is selected, mic detected with cal file. Open the generator select sub cal 30-80 hz in a attempt to level match my subs. It seems I have more output coming from towers than subs. I do have some coming from subs. What is going on here. Crossover is at 250 hz, shouldn’t I get all output to subs in isolation?

I went ahead and time Aligned the Subs got a result that may work for round one. 4.5 ms delay on left sub, zero on right sub, rear sub inverted and 12 ms delay. House was rumbling during calibration, very excited tof finally have a chance at something that I could at least try.

2. I try to calibrate in audyssey and no sub level is detected in channel 1. I don’t get it. Even tried to boost the gain on the minidsp input,

once again I fail, unhook the minidsp, hookup my 2 subs to AVR and reload a prior audyssey calibration with a plan to try again tomorrow…

some prior issues I have overcame. Toslink vs analog. Bad rca connection on rg6. Failure for multi eq app to connect,running old rew.

trying to accelerate the process of coming up with a functional result. I was expecting to have to tinker but can’t even get this thing going toward a functional trial.

would greatly appreciate any help

thanks
Jay

Top Bottom