REW MAC OS 5.15 - HDMI Multi-Channel Help

MusicLover

Registered
Hello,
I am running REW Mac OS 5.15 on a Mac with Mojave OS. I have setup the the Audio Midi to 5.1 and when I click on a speaker in the Audio Midi app it emits pink noise. When I go to REW, the only two speakers available for selection are the left or right. No other speakers are visible. Output Device is HDMI, Output is Speaker. The only channels I can select are left, right or both. Any idea on how to get all channels to appear?
Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 5.07.57 PM.png

MusicLover

Registered
John,
Thank you for your reply. The setup guide was helpful, I had gone through it before and tried again. I even tried changing the settings on my surround processor (auto, multi-channel, etc), I still ended up with only the three options, Left Right or Both. I ended measuring the other speakers by swapping the cables between the processor and amplifier which was easy enough. Thank you for the great software, I am looking forward to spending more time with it and dialing my system in.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Folk have found some HDMI inputs (front panel inputs typically) don't support multichannel, so another input might offer all the channels. The processing mode also needs to be set appropriately.

MusicLover

Registered
I figured it out. I was using ver 5.15, when I downloaded 5.17 I was able to do all channels. Now I just need to figure out how to interpret the graphs and fix my room.. Thank you for your replies.

Top Bottom