REW loses mic connection when processing filters!

Sacenti

Hi John I would like to make a record about the behavior of REW after you created the RC version so far...
What happens to me: every time I need to use the tool to generate filters the REW loses the microphone connection, regardless of whether it is connected as analog or digital (usb). I have both mic versions.
So, to generate and test filters I found a way to live with it as follows: I export the curves to another REW instance, there I don't connect anything mic to Windows so I can make the filters and then I test the modified curves in the 1st open instance where I have the REW calibrated and connected to the Windows media....
For other REW functions such as IR, GD, etc., this does not happen... Only the connection is lost in the filters and Waterfall tool....
What could be happening to me? I would appreciate your guidance....

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Waterfall generation and filter calculation do not make any use of the connected audio devices, so I don't know why they would have any effect on the mic, sorry. Both can be heavy users of processor capacity while they run, so perhaps that is a factor. What do you mean exactly by "loses the microphone connection"? What happens?

Sacenti

John thanks for the prompt reply!
When I start using the filter tool the REW disconnects from the mic as if I had no mic device plugged into my PC and therefore impossible to take measurements...
What brings difficulty? I need to open two REW < one to measure and < one to process the filters... after the REW loses the microphone, reactivate in the same application in use, I don't always succeed... this change of REW instance takes a lot of time to take measurements and adjust the systems....
But if the cause is the high throughput when I make filters, I appreciate the explanation.
My warning here is also to inform you of this issue, and also as a collaboration in bringing the REW to nirvana.
Thanks again for your prompt answers.
Sacenti

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you attach a zipped copy of the REW log files folder (C:\Users\<your username>\REW) perhaps something is captured there. I don't know why processor load might have an effect, I'm just speculating since that is something that is different about waterfall and filter generation compared to other operations. I've not heard of anyone else having such an issue.

Sacenti

I would like to collaborate to clarify my problem: to send the log information you requested, I will search for it by clicking on the "Generate Debug File" button on the Preferences tab? Was that John?
TKS

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No, in file explorer go to C:\Users\<your username>\REW, that is where the log files are stored. Right click on that REW folder, select "Send to" then "Compressed (zipped) folder" and attach the REW.zip file that generates.

Sacenti

Hi John! I tried to simulate the defect, logged into Java usb Mic, Asio usb Mic, Analog Mic, browsed through all the tools and the REW was steady as a rock! Not once disconnected!
"When your car sees the mechanic it doesn't fail!"
But I will be on standby, if it happens now I have the procedure to send the requested information.
I greatly appreciate your attention to help me!
The requested REW file is attached.

Attachments

• REW.zip
    202.3 KB · Views: 7
Top Bottom