REW loopback does not work with 64 bit 5.19 or 5.20 for Windows 7 drivers

darich

Registered
I have had REW 5.19 Beta 32bit on a Windows 7 PC for a couple years. I use the Berringer UCA202 sound card. Do not laugh it calibrates +/-0.05dB to 19.6kHz. Its is up another 0.15dB at 20kHz.

I have a couple other Windows 7 computer I just loaded REW on. I had to use REW 5.19 64bit or REW 5.20 Beta 64bit since Java is now a 64bit download.

The loop back no longer works (left channel). The right channel for the measurement is fine thank goodness. I checked the Windows control panel for sound on all 3 computers and they are set up this same (keep the recording level at 3). Yes I checked the preferences panels for the input and output device but touch the wrong thing and Java errors pop up on 5.19 64bit.

I mostly use REW with the sound card as Bode plotter (frequency response plot for electronics). The sound card left channel I/O is connected to the electronics. Great for verifying what a room EQ is doing.

You still need a sound card and loop back calibration for analog microphones. I find the Roles Mini Mic preamp which is XLR to single ended works great in front of the Berringer UCA202. It was a great setup since no playing with driver installation was required. I plug in the Berringer USB cable and am ready to go.

If you have any idea how I lost the right channel loop back I would be appreciative to know what happened.

David

darich

Registered
I have had REW 5.19 Beta 32bit on a Windows 7 PC for a couple years. I use the Berringer UCA202 sound card. Do not laugh it calibrates +/-0.05dB to 19.6kHz. Its is up another 0.15dB at 20kHz.

I have a couple other Windows 7 computer I just loaded REW on. I had to use REW 5.19 64bit or REW 5.20 Beta 64bit since Java is now a 64bit download.

The loop back no longer works (left channel). The right channel for the measurement is fine thank goodness. I checked the Windows control panel for sound on all 3 computers and they are set up this same (keep the recording level at 3). Yes I checked the preferences panels for the input and output device but touch the wrong thing and Java errors pop up on 5.19 64bit.

I mostly use REW with the sound card as Bode plotter (frequency response plot for electronics). The sound card left channel I/O is connected to the electronics. Great for verifying what a room EQ is doing.

You still need a sound card and loop back calibration for analog microphones. I find the Roles Mini Mic preamp which is XLR to single ended works great in front of the Berringer UCA202. It was a great setup since no playing with driver installation was required. I plug in the Berringer USB cable and am ready to go.

If you have any idea how I lost the right channel loop back I would be appreciative to know what happened.

David
My fault. You need to set the output in preferences to L+R. It comes up in L in REW 5.19 and 5.20 while REW 5.19 Beta came up with "Both".

Sorry I should have found this before I posted,

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Glad it is working. You can install the 32-bit REW version if you need a 32-bit build, that will download a 32-bit JRE if one isn't already installed. If you want to download a specific Java 8 runtime you will find all Oracle's versions here.

Top Bottom