REW latest versions won't output to Metric Halo

Daniel Boner

Registered
The latest versions of REW do a strange thing with my Metric Halo Lio8. All of the settings appear to be correct, but the output does not send to the interface. After attempting "check levels," the unit's output stops talking to my computer altogether.

Any thoughts?

Daniel Boner

Registered
I should add that after attempting a sweep in REW, I have to restart my interface to get it to start working again with the computer.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Which version of REW are you using on which operating system?
If you are on Windows are you using the Java drivers or ASIO drivers setting on the REW soundcard preferences?
If you are using Java drivers is the device configured to operate at the same sample rate you have selected in REW?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not sure then, generally devices that appear in the Audio Midi Setup list should be available to REW. There was a recent post about problems with a Metric Halo interface that seemed to be resolved by using a lower sample rate.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
As an aside to this, it appears that with the latest releases of macOS if the sample rate for the interface being used is changed in Audio Midi Setup while REW is running audio I/O doesn't operate properly afterwards. Restarting REW fixes that.

Daniel Boner

Registered
Yes, I have experienced the issue of needing to restart when the interface sample rate changes while REW is running.

sam_adams

As an aside to this, it appears that with the latest releases of macOS if the sample rate for the interface being used is changed in Audio Midi Setup while REW is running audio I/O doesn't operate properly afterwards. Restarting REW fixes that.

That happens back to macOS 10.13.6.

Top Bottom