REW installation error

dualazmak

Registered
I first successfully installed jre-8u241-windows-x64.exe, then tried REW_windows-x64_5_19.exe with administrator rights, but it always shows error message of;

How can I fix and install REW?

Bernard

I first successfully installed jre-8u241-windows-x64.exe, then tried REW_windows-x64_5_19.exe with administrator rights, but it always shows error message of;
View attachment 29936
How can I fix and install REW?
This is not an error message but an invitation to make a choice.
Follow REW's advice and click on download to install the dedicated REW Java version.
Do this every time you install a new version. It's the best way to be worry-free.
If this is the first time you are using REW, uninstall the V5.19 version you just installed and download the latest version to be up to date.
That's today's tip. ;-)

dualazmak

Registered
This is not an error message but an invitation to make a choice.
Follow REW's advice and click on download to install the dedicated REW Java version.
Do this every time you install a new version. It's the best way to be worry-free.
If this is the first time you are using REW, uninstall the V5.19 version you just installed and download the latest version to be up to date.
That's today's tip. ;-)
I tried it several times having the following errors;

What's wrong?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The 5.19 bundled JRE download doesn't work. If you are sure a 64-bit JRE has been installed you can use the Locate button to tell the installer where it is.

dualazmak

Registered
Thank you, all...

After completely removing JAVA by JavaUninstallTool.exe, I rebooted my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC, then I again installed jre-8u241-windows-x64.exe not into the default path but into newly created "c:\programfiles 2\JAVA64" path, and then I could finally successfully install REW_windows-x64_5_19.exe.

Thank you all again for your kind suggestions and instructions; now I will fully try REW especially the Wavelet delay measurement features after I would soon build my stereo 5-way (sub-woofer, woofer, squawker, tweeter and super-tweeter) multi-amplifiers system with software crossover EKIO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom