photographer86

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz sr5012
Main Amp
marantz sr5012
Computer Audio
Windows 8.1 for meausing and calibrating. Windows 10 for other stuff.
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony x700
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf5's
Center Channel Speaker
klipsch rc7
Surround Speakers
klipsch rf5's
Surround Back Speakers
klipsch rs7's
Subwoofers
4x paradigm ps-1200 v3
Screen
hisense u8k 75"
Remote Control
Iphone marantz remote app
Streaming Equipment
Apple tv, windows 10,
Streaming Subscriptions
Direct tv stream now.
Hello all. I purchased the dayton umm-6 after watching Gene from audioholics use it to spl his subwoofers and level my home theater speakers to 75db reference. I am still learning and reserching but i think i did something. I have found a couple guides that state when using the dayton audio mic umm-6 usb to set the windows mic input level to 8db per windows install that you're using. i think the guide said its different for windows 7 8.1 and 10. . Is this true? Do we have to adjust the dayton audio mic umm-6 windows input volume in the recording tab of the device? I thought when you use a calibrated mic that would set that and wouldn't then that throw off the calibration file? Do i not have to set the gain in windows audio properties when I am using the dayton umm-6 calibration file? is that where i am getting confused?

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
REW reads the input volume setting and takes it into account. It is best to set the volume to the 0 dB level (which varies depending on Windows version), if you set it higher the data will clip sooner, if you set it lower you lose resolution. REW should cope with whatever it is set to though.

photographer86

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Marantz sr5012
Main Amp
marantz sr5012
Computer Audio
Windows 8.1 for meausing and calibrating. Windows 10 for other stuff.
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Sony x700
Front Speakers
Klipsch rf5's
Center Channel Speaker
klipsch rc7
Surround Speakers
klipsch rf5's
Surround Back Speakers
klipsch rs7's
Subwoofers
4x paradigm ps-1200 v3
Screen
hisense u8k 75"
Remote Control
Iphone marantz remote app
Streaming Equipment
Apple tv, windows 10,
Streaming Subscriptions
Direct tv stream now.
REW reads the input volume setting and takes it into account. It is best to set the volume to the 0 dB level (which varies depending on Windows version), if you set it higher the data will clip sooner, if you set it lower you lose resolution. REW should cope with whatever it is set to though.
Noted and understand. Thank you.

Top Bottom