REW - Graphics issues - Not resolved by adding the d3d string to the options file

scot

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
marantz
Front Speakers
NFR 645
Center Channel Speaker
Magnepan
Surround Speakers
NFR630
I'm having an issue and while this link has a potential fix, it did not resolve it for me: (cant paste the link, forum gives me an error when I post and have the link in but it is another page saying to add a line to the vmoptions file)

Already tried that, but everything within REW will eventually draw incorrectly even with the D3D option set to false. Graphics will randomly re-draw off of where it was supposed to, so half a window is drawn on the right side where my mouse is. Seems a bug in screen position that happens as the mouse moves around the screen.

I don't know where the failure is occurring, but it is similar to other applications that use similar drawing techniques so I have to assume it is something in the code which is incompatible with the higher gfx output with OS scaling or just high resolution (4k). Tried with application, system and system (enhanced) scaling, then turned off scaling and the issue continues.

gtx1070 with latest drivers. windows insider (fast ring)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You can try disabling Java's use of D3D by creating an environment variable called J2D_D3D and setting it to false instead of using the sun.java2d.d3d property. Otherwise there are a couple of other properties that may have an effect, listed here, but these days they should have the same effect as sun.java2d.d3d.

Top Bottom