Surround Back Speakers
B&W 303
Subwoofers
Paradigm PDR12 and PDR10
Video Display Device
BenQ HT3550
Screen
Grandview Tab Tension
After getting 3 new SVS subs I had to redo my calibration. Spent a couple of days and hours doing REW with the miniDsp 2X4HD I was finally able to get the results which to me looks good. I was able to gets good results earlier but once I moved to take measurements to the Left and Right of the MLP it just was too different. Anyway I'm posting this in hopes of getting as much opinion as I can get and if there's some more I need to do to make it even better. Thanks.

SUB placement:
Sub 1-Left front wall 1/4th
Sub 2-Right side wall 1/4th
Sub 3-Rear middle wall
Spectrogram June.jpg
RT60 June.jpg

REW June.jpg

Sonnie

Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP Elite 24 MK3 Processor
Main Amp
McIntosh MC1.25KW Monoblock Amps
Additional Amp
StormAudio PA 16 MK3
Computer Audio
Intel NUC w/ Roon ROCK
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Panasonic UB9000 4K UHD Player (for media discs)
Front Speakers
RTJ 410
Center Channel Speaker
MartinLogan Focus C-18
Front Wide Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT
Surround Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Surround Back Speakers
JTR Neosis 210RT
Front Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Rear Height Speakers
JTR Neosis 110HT-SL
Subwoofers
JTR Captivator 2400 x6
Other Speakers or Equipment
VTI Amp Stands for the Monoblocks
Video Display Device
Sony 98X90L
Remote Control
Universal MX-890
Streaming Equipment
Kaleidescape | FireCube | Lenova X1 - Intel NUC for Roon
Streaming Subscriptions
Lifetime Roon Subscription
Tidal
qobuz
Netflix
Amazon Prime
Satellite System
Dish Joey 4K
Other Equipment
Zero Surge 8R15W-1 | Salamander Synergy Equipment Stand
Not sure what I'm lookin at... ??? Need the legends.

Is this all three subs with the mains from the center of the primary listening position, which is where you will get the most significant response.

ciotime

More  
Denon X3700H
Main Amp
Denon X3700H
Additional Amp
Denon AVR 3313
Sony
Front Speakers
B&W 602 S3
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 303
Subwoofers
Paradigm PDR12 and PDR10
Video Display Device
BenQ HT3550
Screen
Grandview Tab Tension
Not sure what I'm lookin at... ??? Need the legends.

Is this all three subs with the mains from the center of the primary listening position, which is where you will get the most significant response.
The pictures above are the Spectrogram, RT60 and the Freq Response with all 3 subs ON and also with Audyssey ON. The 3 responses were taken at 3 different positions in a 3 seater sofa...the middle seat and the Left/Right seats next to the MLP.

ciotime

More  
Denon X3700H
Main Amp
Denon X3700H
Additional Amp
Denon AVR 3313
Sony
Front Speakers
B&W 602 S3
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 303
Subwoofers
Paradigm PDR12 and PDR10
Video Display Device
BenQ HT3550
Screen
Grandview Tab Tension
This is after applying EQ on the miniDsp 2X4 HD with 1/12th smoothing.

REW 3 seat sofa.jpg

perceval

First, the scale of the spectrograph is huge... anything will look flat. Are you really hoping that the bass will not arrive 1 full second later? a 0 to 300 max would show what's happening in your room. 0 to 100 if you want to see reflections from stuff in your room.

And, a 15dB drop between the lowest lows and 250Hz? I guess you like when things are shaking in the house! ha ha!
It's ok. You like a lot of bass. A lot more than me. Every taste is different. But that is a lot. Just saying! ;)

It's normal to have different readings from the left and the right side. I doubt your room is perfectly symmetrical, so, a coffee table on one side, a sub closer to a wall on the other, all will introduce variations. The important thing is to play on the strengths and not try to boost the nulls. So, if there's a null frequency on one side that you just can't get rid of by moving the subs around a bit, but the other side is fine, boost the side that is fine a little to balance the null from the other side.
Don't try to boost the null (dip) as it will just introduce a lot of distortion.

ciotime

More  
Denon X3700H
Main Amp
Denon X3700H
Additional Amp
Denon AVR 3313
Sony
Front Speakers
B&W 602 S3
Surround Back Speakers
B&W 303
Subwoofers
Paradigm PDR12 and PDR10
Video Display Device
BenQ HT3550
Screen
Grandview Tab Tension
First, the scale of the spectrograph is huge... anything will look flat. Are you really hoping that the bass will not arrive 1 full second later? a 0 to 300 max would show what's happening in your room. 0 to 100 if you want to see reflections from stuff in your room.

And, a 15dB drop between the lowest lows and 250Hz? I guess you like when things are shaking in the house! ha ha!
It's ok. You like a lot of bass. A lot more than me. Every taste is different. But that is a lot. Just saying! ;)

It's normal to have different readings from the left and the right side. I doubt your room is perfectly symmetrical, so, a coffee table on one side, a sub closer to a wall on the other, all will introduce variations. The important thing is to play on the strengths and not try to boost the nulls. So, if there's a null frequency on one side that you just can't get rid of by moving the subs around a bit, but the other side is fine, boost the side that is fine a little to balance the null from the other side.
Don't try to boost the null (dip) as it will just introduce a lot of distortion.
Thanks for the advice...it is a dedicated room but you are right the sofa etc introduce other factors. I've attached some pictures of the room as well as re-measured after doing some more EQ along with the curve editor app using Ratbuddyssey.

First graph-No smoothing/Sub only and mains only/with miniDsp Audyssey ON/MultEQ Filter Freq Range LIMIT to 450Hz on all speakers/SUB limit to 20Hz

Second graph-No smoothing/Sub only and mains only/with miniDsp Audyssey ON/MultEQ Filter Freq Range LIMIT to 450Hz on all speakers/SUB limit to 250Hz/added house curve using Ratbuddyssey

Third graph-No smoothing/Full range comparison of First and Second graph/added +6dB to sub trim level/BLUE is first graph Brown is from the second graph with no limit to the sub in MultEQ Filter Freq Range
Front1.jpg
Front2.jpg
HT1.jpeg
p1.jpg
p2.jpg
FR.jpg

Ton

More  
Mytech Brooklyn Bridge
Main Amp
Krell KST 100