JRiver 18, JRiver 28
DAC
Schiit Bifrost 2
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
PS3
Front Speakers
Klipsch Forte III w/GR Research crossovers
Hi all,

Total REW newb here, still reading the tutorials. I want to use it to improve my 2-channel living room system, which is:

Dedicated Windows 10 server > FLAC > JRiver > USB > Schiit Bifrost 2 > Anthem Integrated 225 > Klipsch Forte III.

I also run a PS3 via toslink into the Bifrost to watch DVD and Bluray, but I'm happy with the sound there. My priority is to kill the modal peaks in my room when playing music. My intent is to take an accurate room response measurement from my listening position and use the data to EQ the low frequency response from 25 - 250 Hz.. My intended filter application is the DSP in JRiver iteself, completely in the digital domain.

I have a good system in a not-so-good room. 13' X 19' with a ceiling that slopes from 8' on one long wall to 10' on the other. Speakers on the low long wall and no other option, LP on the high long wall and no other option. Windows in each corner on one short wall and two large openings into a large kitchen/dining room on the other short wall. I can place treatments as I please (no WAF, widower) but superchunks are out; no space in the 3 corners available. I've looked into other DSP options like the Anti-mode 2.0 and mini-DSP, but I'd rather not add more components to the system and, based on my experimentation with the DSP studio in JRiver, if I can get an accurate FR graph of the room, I think I can apply the appropriate filters right there and vastly improve the sound of my system in this room.

Do you you think this is a viable plan? Any suggestions are welcome, including any mandatory hazing and heckling.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Shaun

Last edited:
Top Bottom