More  
Computer Audio
RME UCX
DAC
RME UCX
Front Speakers
ADAM A7X
Hi,

I am trying to set up the REW software, but can’t make it register any incoming signal from my sound Interface. In fact now it isn’t able to see the sound interface itself, but about this later.

My equipment is M1 macbook and RME UCX connected via FireWire to USB-C with Dyton mic that is supposed to be hooked up to the UCX mic ins.

First time I’ve started the REW I chose RME for both Output and Input devices. Output worked just fine, but the input didn’t register any signal. It’s important to note that I was able to browse and select channels in the Input field and they corresponded to the total amount of analog and digital inputs my interface possesses, though they didn’t have same names. I’ve tried almost all of them, but wasn’t able to make REW see the incoming signal, though the UCX meters and Total Mix software were registering clear signals.

After a couple of tries and misses I’ve switched the Input Device to MacBook Pro Microphone just to make sure any signal can be captured at all, which shown me that everything works as intended. But when I tried to switch to the RME UCX again there was no channels list this time, and to my understanding it in fact didn’t switch back to the RME because it continued to register the incoming signal from the built-in mic, even though all the settings in audio and midi indicated that the active input is RME.

Ready to provide more info. Would appreciate your help.

Cheers.

Attachments

• BBD53D8F-5E46-4FD5-89CB-9C004ED741D6.jpeg
    BBD53D8F-5E46-4FD5-89CB-9C004ED741D6.jpeg
    350.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 1035CDE3-D66A-4FB4-AD5D-15584290D454.jpeg
    1035CDE3-D66A-4FB4-AD5D-15584290D454.jpeg
    374.2 KB · Views: 12

cdbo

Registered
More  
Computer Audio