Surround Back Speakers
Vandersteen VSM-1
Subwoofers
Swarm
Video Display Device
BenQ 7000
Screen
Stewart Greyhawk
I want to test my large front speakers with my Debra/Swarm 4 subwoofers. REW allows LR speaker, but not the subs.

Windows shows Front Speakers, 5.1, 7.1 etc in the sound control panel. I run the mains with the my Ayre amp and the subs connected 2 to each of 2 separate amps. So for music, it’s 2.2, although there are 4 subs.

How do I configure Windows and/or REW to play the mains and subs together? Looking to impulse/waterfalls.

Thanks

John Mulcahy

REW Author
How are audio sources connected to the Ayre? Does bass management happen anywhere? Where do the subs get their signals from?

cajunbaseball

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Schiit Freya
Main Amp
Quicksilver V4
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Ayre Codex DAC
Front Speakers
Vandersteen Quatro
Center Channel Speaker
None
Surround Speakers
Vandersteen VSM-1
Surround Back Speakers
Vandersteen VSM-1
Subwoofers
Swarm
Video Display Device
BenQ 7000
Screen
Stewart Greyhawk
John thanks for the reply

My Marantz AV7005 connects to the Ayre amp via XLR cables for the Vandersteen Treo CT speakers (L & R front). The surrounds and the subs also connect to the Ayre for HT.

The four subs are connected 2 left and 2 right to separate Dayton Amplifiers. An RCA cable runs from each of the two Daytons to an input on the Calypso preamp for music and a separate RCA cable to Subwoofer 1 on the Marantz for the left Dayton and a seperate RCA cable to Subwoofer 2 on the Marantz for the right Dayton for home theatre.

REW is on my laptop which I connected via HDMI to the Marantz. The problem is when I try to configure the sound control panel on the Windows 10 laptop, I have no option for L & R speakers + subwoofers.

I have audio test sounds (white and pink noise etc) I can play through the Calypso that will get sound to and out of the Vandersteens and the subs only. I have used this configuration for the RTA module in REW with the microphone connected to the laptop.

But I don't have an impulse signal on a test disk to run for ETC and waterfalls etc. I have Ethan Winer's 20 - 400 sweep wav file. I haven't tried to run it, then monitor it. The beauty of doing it through REW and the Marantz is that I don't have to worry about pressing this button, then that one, etc.

I hope this is clear. If not, I'll clarify. Thanks.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
For that setup using ASIO4All to create an ASIO wrapper around the HDMI driver should work, see the guide here. Note that the AV will often need to be in a specific mode to accept the HDMI multichannel PCM signal.

Top Bottom