REW & Apple M1

wacomme

That took a little doing. But Progress. . . I think. As a new admin user I was able to complete the installation - or get to the next phase of the installation. Attached is the log file.

If possible, I would like to get the installation to work on my primary user login, though now I could use the other login if necessary.

I have it on a thumb drive, but it's greyed out. I'll try to get it.

wacomme

I think I got it.

Attachments

• New Admin User Terminal File.txt
    31.4 KB · Views: 9

sam_adams

That took a little doing. But Progress. . . I think. As a new admin user I was able to complete the installation - or get to the next phase of the installation. Attached is the log file.

If possible, I would like to get the installation to work on my primary user login, though now I could use the other login if necessary.

I have it on a thumb drive, but it's greyed out. I'll try to get it.

The root cause of your issue has been found to be account related. That's good because it is not a system-wide issue that would require a reinstall of the OS to solve. The hard part now is copying old settings to a new account to see if that fixes the issues with the old one. This article can be used as a starting point to help you get there—although it may not be a complete solution.

wacomme

OK. I'm now mostly operational as a new admin user. Do I just delete the old (corrupt) admin user account? Oh, and REW is now working. :cool:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The installer folk replied. Not an installer issue, it is a JVM error, but with a bit of googling they found a report of the same bug occurring for someone else and it seemed to be related to using a different colour profile for the display. Fixed by reverting the display to the default profile in that case.

wacomme

Thank you very much for your help. Now everything is working, including my original admin user.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
You mean the dark mode issue? That was a bug inside the installer, the installer folk fixed it in an update, the updated version is used to make the 5.20.14 early access installers.

Top Bottom