REW and or Mini-DSP Help. No Low End

Cheetodust

Hello Everyone! I am at my wits end! I have probably spent 40 hours trying to figure this out. My issue is with REW and Mini-DSP 2x4HD and calibrating my subs. No matter what I do the REW graph looks terrible! My subs consist of GSG Audio BTS 28x48x17 21” boxes (RT and LT) with LaVoce SAN214.50 21" using a Behringer NX6000 and Mini-DSP 2x4HD. Here is my REW reading.

ATbwbCx.png

I have gone through all of my settings several times and cannot figure out where the problem is. I have a Denon AVR-X6500H and have gone through the settings several times. I have tried using DIRECT mode, and then STEREO mode which is connected to my laptop and set to STEREO (3.1). I disabled my laptop microphone and using a UMIK-1 via USB.
The crazy thing is, my BACK Sub has an almost identical REW graph as my 21” LaVoce Subs and it is an old Dayton 15” sealed sub with a 1000 watt plate amp. The Dayton sub is only 5 feet away from the UMIK-1 behind the back row of seating. Here is the comparison between the front and back subs. Thank you for any help!

6ly8wMY.png

NQPETrG.jpg

tFwy4vw.jpg

Jack1949

VIP Supporter
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha RX-A3040
Additional Amp
KING 5-CHerry Amp - Digital Amplifier Co.
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Oppo BDP-103D
Front Speakers
JTR 210RT
Center Channel Speaker
JTR 210RM
Surround Speakers
Ascend Acoustics Sierra Towers with RAAL
Front Height Speakers
Polk Audio RT55i
Rear Height Speakers
Polk Audio RT35i
Subwoofers
Dual JTR 118HT
Other Speakers or Equipment
miniDSP 2x4 HD
Video Display Device
Samsung UN60H6350
I'll take a guess.

It looks to me that your miniDSP 2x4HD is either muted or it is not receiving the input signal, and therefore not outputting the signal to your subs. I would check to make sure your Inputs is set to Analog (assuming you're using an RCA connection). I believe the miniDSP defaults to USB, which causes this common mistake.

If it is not the Inputs setting, check for muting. When I first installed my miniDSP, I got it working then latter accidentally pressed the Mute button on the remote (without realizing it) and couldn't get any sound from the subs. Checked the GUI and it did NOT show that the miniDSP was muted. After many hours I finally tried pressing the remote's mute button and all was well again. So I figured I must have pressed it accidentally previously.

Top Bottom