Reverberation time calculation through API

di1luan

Registered
I am writing a Java program that needs to get the T20 reverberation time from a wav recording.
Is it possible to import the wav file to the api and get the resulting T20 times ?

di1luan

Registered
Ok is that something that is in the pipeline? Maybe I could help you out ?

di1luan

Registered
I see that you have included RT60 command. Great! But I am confused about the order to launch the commands, how to send the wav file to the api and get the answer is there a manual or java examples available ?

John Mulcahy

REW Author
There's the help file. You can try out API calls using the SwaggerUI that is shown when you browse to localhost:4735 in any web browser (after starting the API). That also shows the format of the API messages and responses. The import features would first be used to import a WAV file as an impulse response, then POST a Generate RT60 command to the /measurements/{id}/command endpoint, where {id} is the index of the measurement whose RT60 data is to be generated, e.g. 1 for the first measurement. The results can be read from /measurements/{id}/rt60 endpoint. Python is probably a good choice of programming language for API access.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Note that generating the RT60 data takes time, so the response to the Generate RT60 command will be Accepted (202) rather than OK (200). You can poll /measurements/process-result to see when the command completes, or include a resultUrl in the command to have the results sent there when ready, but that would require you to run a server of your own.

Top Bottom