Recommended Linux Software EQ for use with REW filters ?

ablesser

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha TSR7810
Front Speakers
Custom DML
Subwoofers
Energy
Hi folks,

I'm relatively new to REW, but i've watched lots of tutorials and read lots of documentation... one thing i'm stuck on is this: After I get filters I like , how can I implement them on a dedicated linux box (Ubuntu 20.04, or whatever). My first instinct was to try and use the filter output with Pulse Audio Effects , but some people claim there's problems with the filter implementation. I'm a bit of a novice, so i'm not sure if that person was just confused or not.. but I certainly am.

I like the idea of using PulseAudio Effects because it's easy to install and figure out on Ubuntu, and can be used with Shairplay-sync to make an airplay receiver box that can be EQ'd.

My questions are multifold:

1. Do people have recommended working PEQ setups on linux.. and if so, can people point to tutorials where it's made clear what EQ options to set to match REW's generic filter output ? One of the problems i'm having with Pulse Audio Effects is that there's a dizzying array of options around the filter settings and types within the EQ function itself, and i'm not sure what to choose.
  2. Does anyone know if Pulse Audio Effects is a known-problem-child EQ and should NOT be used?
  3. Alternative options / suggestions ?

Top Bottom