Reading Graphs and waterfalls correctly HELP

icckledave

Registered
Hi

I am new to the treatment side of a room but i have added Traps/Panels and also treated walls internally.
I have attached the full file for people to have a look at and to get a grasp of things I'm doing correct or incorrectly......the room is 2.2m W x 4.9m L x 1.8m H

If the file is incorrect or there is something missing please let me know

Look forward to hearing your thoughts and guidance

I do see a peek between 600 to 700hz and wonder if this is off the desk maybe??

Could anyone point me in the right direction for Reverb times and Decays aswel

Attachments

• Genelec 8050B room test.mdat
    4.4 MB · Views: 10

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Your soundcard cal file is incorrect, it is a room measurement. You should remove it. 1.8m is a pretty low ceiling!

EarlK

For some guidance download the following zipped pdf file.

:)

Attachments

• AMS_for_Stereo_List._Rms[2].zip
    2 MB · Views: 24

icckledave

Registered
Your soundcard cal file is incorrect, it is a room measurement. You should remove it. 1.8m is a pretty low ceiling!
Hi John.

Yes this is a room measurement, i don't have the height of a ceiling in a normal situation. I do have treatments also on ceiling too. i will remove sound card Cal, do i need to redo or can i just remove this?

Dave

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Yes this is a room measurement, i don't have the height of a ceiling in a normal situation. I do have treatments also on ceiling too. i will remove sound card Cal, do i need to redo or can i just remove this?
You can just remove the cal file. To remove it from measurements already made use the Change Cal button. The soundcard cal, when used, should be a measurement of a loopback connection from soundcard output to input.

icckledave

Registered
You can just remove the cal file. To remove it from measurements already made use the Change Cal button. The soundcard cal, when used, should be a measurement of a loopback connection from soundcard output to input.
John

I think this is correct now....

Could you check this over and if there is something incorrect could you point it out to me if possible??

Dave

Attachments

• Test Room.mdat
    5.7 MB · Views: 19

icckledave

Registered

Is there any info on RT20/30, RT60, EDT etc with regards to a mixing/studio/control room environment that you have a link too as I'm getting mixed numbers every time i click a link on google o_O

Thanks in Advance for the advise also

Dave

icckledave

Registered
Are the reverb times good across the Freq Range?? anywhere to improve slightly or can i just put Sonarworks to finish it off???

Dave

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Decay times are very low (where they are meaningful, which is above several hundred Hz in your room) so the room might be somewhat over-treated and very 'dry'.

icckledave

Registered
Decay times are very low (where they are meaningful, which is above several hundred Hz in your room) so the room might be somewhat over-treated and very 'dry'.
its recently underwent between 50mm and 100mm acoustic rockwool behind the gyptone active air boards...its also had bass traps in the front corners and a 1200 x 1800 "cloud" above the listening position which was 50mm

The back wall has 3 x bass panels (one has scatter plate fitted) which are 100mm thick, about 600 x 1200

so maybe remove 1 or 2??(centre panels)

is there a specific decay time i would need to be aiming at??

Dave

EarlK

its recently underwent between 50mm and 100mm acoustic rockwool behind the gyptone active air boards...its also had bass traps in the front corners and a 1200 x 1800 "cloud" above the listening position which was 50mm

The back wall has 3 x bass panels (one has scatter plate fitted) which are 100mm thick, about 600 x 1200

so maybe remove 1 or 2??(centre panels)

is there a specific decay time i would need to be aiming at??

Dave

Now would be a real good-time to look over the pdf file that I posted .

:)

Top Bottom