Raspberry PI suitability

tatster

Registered
Hi all,

I am looking to put together a small dedicated REQ device for my church to do some SPL/LEQ measurements.
I'm wondering if a Raspberry Pi 3B+ (Quad core, 1GB Ram) will be sufficient for this application ?

Shopping list so far:
Raspberry Pi 3B+ (probably running Rasbian)
Umik-1
10" touchscreen (1920x1080 resolution)

Will this hardware combination work for this ?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony

WesB

Hi Anthony,

It looks feasible to me but I have just begun the long process of trying to make a RPi zero work.
I'm trying it in Raspbian but the major speed up I will be trying is the sound card from Audio-Injector that is for stereo use but is a native sound card (a hat not USB) specifically designed to run on the RPi's. I have just begun and with REW 5.19 I got the sound card calibration to run without error. The Audio-Injector is up to 24/96. One reason I choose the RPi zero is that it is about $5 and I,ve seen the Audio-Injector zero version for about $17 with the stereo version $23. Another reason to choose the RPi zero is that it doesn't have wifi to mess with the signals. There is a model of zero that has wifi but it is denoted with a W and cost $10 or $11.

I haven,t progressed far enough to recommend any set up but thought you would want to know what's available.

Wes

WesB

Hi again:

You might want to also look at the following topic on this forum. Wes
Room EQ Wizard on RPi3 and HiRez ADC

WesB

One more bit of info = the audio injector sound cards have been developed with kickstarter. The last offering should be available soon called the ultra 2. It will run 192/24 and cost around $25. At least that is the price that supporters paid in pledges for each sound card. The other cards I found through amazon.

Wes

Top Bottom