Question/feature request - script-ability

Drew Neilson

Registered
I'd like to write a script that asks me the name of the location--for example, my TV area--and of the position being measured--for example, MLP or left side--and then makes REW take sweep measurements on specific audio outputs--in my case, each channel on my AVR except for the LFE channel, followed by the first three outputs of my MiniDSP--using specific audio inputs--in my case, my UMIK-1--and save the measurements as a single file with a name convention like this:
location-->measured-position-->output-device-->input-device
Each audio output's measurement inside of that file would be assigned the name of the channel. For example, the measurement of HDMI channel #1 would be named "HDMI-1". The measurement of MiniDSP output #3 would be named "MiniDSP-3".
This would speed up the process of measuring my seven speakers (the seven full-range HDMI channels) and my three subwoofers (the three outputs on my MiniDSP). I'd program into the script all parameters, such as the sweep frequencies (0-20,000 Hz) and the sweep duration, and I'd change the channel names to what they actually are in my setup (I'd change "HDMI-1" to "front-left" and "MiniDSP-3" to "left sub").
I can only do this if REW can be automated via script. Can REW be automated via script? I see no results for [script] in REW's help, though I haven't used REW in a while and thus I haven't updated it in a while.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
No automation or scripting at the moment. It's on the todo list but don't hold your breath, the list is very long.

Top Bottom