starfly

Registered
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
Yamaha A2070
Front Speakers
Revel F206
Hi,

I've downloaded the installers for 5.20.4 and 5.20.3 (both 64-bit) and they both just crash when I'm trying to install it on my desktop (Windows 10). I first get this window:

And then I get the "User Account Control" pop-up asking if I want to allow the installation wizard to make changes. After I click yes, it switches to a blank window and I have to force close it every time. I've also let it sit for 30 mins, but it doesn't make a difference.

On my laptop (Intel based) it installed fine, but on my desktop (AMD based) it did not.

Is this a common issue, and if so, is there an easy solution for this? I know sometimes anti-virus software can interfere with it, but all I use is Windows Defender. I did try disabling real-time protection, but that didn't help.

Edit: version 5.19 with JRE installer works, but not the installers for 5.20 (64-bit)

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Not a problem I've seen reported before. Some possible workarounds are to install a 64-bit Java runtime before installing REW (e.g. from Oracle) or to try the 32-bit build.

Top Bottom