Lenovo M8 FHD tablet
Main Amp
JL Audio XD600/6 (front end)
Additional Amp
JL Audio XD400/4 (midbass)
Other Amp
JL Audio XD1000/1 (sub)
Front Speakers
Focal Utopia (2003 model) (6W2's + TN51's)
Surround Back Speakers
JL Audio ZR800s (pair)
Subwoofers
JL Audio 13W3 4ohm
Streaming Equipment
miniDSP 2x4HD feeding C-DSP6x8
If I take a full scale measurement of my system then up the output from my DSP by 3db and do another sweep most of the range goes up as expected but the the subwoofer peak stays the same, ike Im hitting the limit. This has mislead me plenty of times in the past and I just sort of winged it by messing around with my external soundcard (ASIO miditech audioLink3). I calibrated the system as per manual. TBH I get confused with the amount of inputs / outputs as I have my win10 laptop which is USB to the soundcard. The soundcards analogue output is the input for the DSP. I have loopback on the soundcard. Its really a bit of a crap shoot testing and getting these right. I wish these things were explained a bit better or with hints maybe. Can anyone suggest a checklist of some sort when setting the system up this way but could you explain what input / output is being referenced and to what? If I could set things up properly this would really give me confidence that the SPL readings are accurate. Thank

On the sweep attached if i increased the DSP output the graph would change as expected but the first 50hz would stay the same. When I calibrated the SPL I entered the reading - 103db - and it said my limit was 128db but no matter how much I increased the sub output it would'nt change.

Attachments

• full system.mdat
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Top Bottom