REW Beta Release Problem with measurement data

Johren Higgins

Registered
Hi, I finished the measurements for my home studio and only one appears to function properly. 1 of 7 contains the soundcard calibration file and mic meter data. As a result i'm unable to generate a waterfall for the 6 missing the data. In addition, I can only remove the default 1/48 smoothing from with one with the data. I deselected 'Allow 96 PPO log spacing', and pressed apply to window on the IR windows page. However this only works for the measurement with the data, for the others the IR windows page is blurred out. Is it possible to apply the data to the measurements or will I have to do them again? I suspect something went wrong with my ASIO drivers during the process, although i'm confused why this didn't affect the 3rd measurement lool. I've attached an image showing what I mean. I'm using beta 5.20

Excuse the bad explanation, i'm still new to this stuff.

Cheers
REW issue.png

John Mulcahy

REW Author
The ones with thick traces are magnitude averages of other measurements, they don't have impulse responses and so you can't generate waterfalls from them. There is a vector average option in the All SPL graph controls which does produce an impulse response, but the measurements should be time aligned before using it (there is an option for that as well). Waterfalls make more sense for the individual measurements though. You can change the cal files a measurement uses by clicking the Change Cal button. 1/48 octave smoothing is very slight, it mainly gets rid of the comb filtering at high frequencies so you can see the underlying response.

Johren Higgins

Registered
Well that makes a lot of sense, I never considered the impulse responses. I did 5 sweeps for each placement just in case any background noise compromised the results, then I pressed 'Average the responses' , deleted the 5 measurements and only kept the averaged response graph assuming nothing of it lol. I should definitely do more reading next time. Cheers

Top Bottom