Podcaster DJ Briggs Set to Talk Home Theater for 25 Hours Straight

full?d=1699061502.png

(November 3, 2023) Beginning tomorrow, Saturday, November 3rd at 6 AM ET, home theater enthusiast, podcaster, and AV NIRVANA member DJ Briggs (@Bright Side HT) embarks on an epic adventure befitting of his passionate personality and gregarious nature: Twenty-five (yes, 2-5) straight hours of home theater podcasting.

The event's genesis happened some months ago when DJ asked me to guest on his show. The resulting sit-down-style conversation lasted over 3.5 hours, bouncing between home theater tech, movies, and life. And while that kind of time elapse might seem outsized in its own right – and it is! – DJ is known for his loquaciousness and lengthy home theater chats; they regularly trip into three-hour territory. That particular night, we set a Brightside Home Theater Podcast record for the longest show to date, which led me to wonder: could DJ talk about home theater for 24-hours straight?

The answer to that question was an immediate "yes," and DJ has been planning his multi-day podcast ever since.

Tomorrow morning at 6AM DJ goes live with his first of 30 guests. The guest list is an intriguing blend of industry folk, media, and hardcore enthusiasts, and is currently scheduled to have new guests joining the podcast hourly. It culminates on - you guessed it - the day we turn our clocks back. Thus, his last guest will join him at 5 AM EST on Sunday, November 5.

So, fellow AV NIRVANA members, please take a moment to join the fun and listen to the show. Give DJ support and add some wind behind his sails. You can even join the chat on his YouTube Live Stream. Please drop in and join us as I help jumpstart his journey at 6AM! Look below for links... and good luck DJ!

24 HOURS of Home Theater PREVIEW SHOW (already recorded)​

24 HOURS of HOME THEATER 6am-2pm, Saturday November, 4​

24 HOURS of HOME THEATER 2pm-10pm, Saturday November, 4​

24 HOURS of HOME THEATER 10pm-6am, Saturday November, 4 / Sunday November, 5​

Last edited:

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
The live stream is in the books… 25 straight hours of talking home theater. Super impressive! It’s all there on YouTube to take in - lots of quality content to check out.

Give it a watch or a listen!

austinblackboxspace

Supporter
Bright Side Crew
I just started the playback here in the office. Sadly I missed it all live over the weekend. I had another road trip to an Air Force retirement ceremony. The commander didn't have any interest in listening during the dinner. :bigsmile::popcorn:

Top Bottom