Subwoofers
Rythmik LV12-R, PSB Subsonic 6, PSB Subsonic 5
Video Display Device
UN65KU6491 65"/UN55MU7000 55"/UN50MU7100 50"
Remote Control
Logitech Harmony 650
Streaming Equipment
BlueSound Node2i
My first ever purchase on EBay was accidental when I asked for a lower price (not thinking the seller was going take it) and he accepted. So I bought this deck and figured what in the world and plugged it into my system. I was disappointed to say the least as tape speeds were different across both wells and the head alignment was off. I squirreled it away in the basement for 7 years and decided to dig it out. I downloaded the service manual and read how to adjust the speed. Armed with a calibration tape of known frequency of 3KHz, an android signal analyzer app, a kitchen knife and ceramic screwdrivers , I adjusted both normal and dubbing tape speeds. I also did an azimuth alignment via my ears and surprisingly enough, it sounds pretty sweet both dbx and Dolby C recorded cassettes both forward and reverse and in both wells.

IMG_6372.jpg

IMG_6373.jpg

dsnyder0cnn

Nice work. Now, what will you use it for? I enjoy doing some recording as well, currently with a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface and Zoom H4n Pro portable recorder. I'm thinking I'll eventually upgrade to an RME ADI-2 Pro FSR BE.

Top Bottom