Perlisten Audio's New R7t Loudspeaker Achieves Two THX Certifications for Its Playback Prowess

full?d=1645124647.png

(February 17, 2022) Perlisten Audio is arriving at this weekend's Florida Audio Expo with an all-new series of speakers in tow. Dubbed the "R Series," it consists of six different models – a center, surround, bookshelf, monitor, and two tower options – headlined by a 50" tall, 105-pound beast called the R7t.

The R7t has the unique distinction of receiving THX Ultra Certification for use as an LCR channel, and THX Dominus Certification when deployed as a surround speaker. Dominus represents THX's latest stamp of approval, only awarded to speakers capable of top performance in home theaters with up to 6500 cubic feet of space and viewing distances up to 20 feet.

“THX Certified Dominus is one of the hardest specifications in the industry to meet,” explains Perlisten Audio's CEO, Dan Roemer. “There is a clear, demonstrable benefit that music and movie lovers appreciate out of the box.” He continued, “Since we first appeared on the scene early last year, the S series – and the S7t in particular – is continually lauded for its detail, range, and sense of realism, and the THX Certified Dominus achievement bridges the gap between home and commercial theater performance. The R Series is a further expression of our commitment to creating the ultimate listening experience, with technologies and designs that are unique to Perlisten Audio products.”

Presenting three 26mm silk dome tweeters and four 165mm woofers comprised of HPF cone material, the R7t muscles playback from 27Hz to 32kHz with both ports open and 38Hz to 32kHz with both ports plugged. Perlisten says its HPF material (Hybrid Pulp Formulation) utilizes a mixture of long fiber hardwood, bamboo, and wool to produce a "detailed, full range response without coloration." Matching its imposing nature on paper, the speaker's 4 ohm, 90dB sensitivity, speaks to a speaker that likes to be properly fed. Perlisten recommends tapping amplification that ranges between 100 to 400 Watts RMS.

Priced at $4,995/each, the R7t is available now in Piano Black. A Piano White version is pegged as "coming soon." For more information about Perlisten Audio's R Series of speakers, visit the Florida Audio Show from February 18-20 in Tampa, Florida, or go to www.perlistenaudio.com.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Perlisten is on my short list for the Florida Audio Show this weekend. Very sadly, Sunday is the only day I'm not working so I might not make it. :frown:

Here's a direct link to the R7t. It looks to be a very worthy addition to the line which has has great measurements and subjective reviews thus far. Only criticism I've seen is price. And not for being overpriced. Just not affordable for more folks. The R7t looks to solve that. :)

Todd Anderson

Editor / Senior Admin
Staff member
More  
Preamp, Processor or Receiver
StormAudio ISP.24 MK2
Main Amp
Emotiva XPA-5
Additional Amp
Emotiva XPA Gen3 2.8 multichannel amp
Other Amp
Denon X8500H
Computer Audio
AudioEngine A2+
DAC
THX ONYX
Universal / Blu-ray / CD Player
Kaleidescape TERRA, OPPO UDP-203, Panasonic UB9000
Front Speakers
GoldenEar Technology Triton One.R
Center Channel Speaker
GoldenEar Technology SuperCenter Reference
Surround Speakers
SVS Ultra Surround
Surround Back Speakers
SVS Ultra Bookshelf
Front Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Front, Top Mid-Front)
Rear Height Speakers
SVS Prime Elevation x4 (Top Middle, Top Rear)
Subwoofers
dual SVS SB16s + dual PSA XS30s
Other Speakers or Equipment
Behringer 1124p; Aura Bass Shaker Pros; SuperSub X
Video Display Device
JVC NX7
Screen
Seymour Screen Excellence, Enlightor NEO AT Screen
Streaming Equipment
iFi Audio Zen Blue
Streaming Subscriptions
Qobuz, TIDAL, Spotify, ROON
Other Equipment
LG Electronics 65-inch B6 OLED, Sony 65-inch X900F, ZeroSurge 8R15W x 2, ZeroSurge 2R15W x 2
Perlisten is on my short list for the Florida Audio Show this weekend. Very sadly, Sunday is the only day I'm not working so I might not make it. :frown:

Here's a direct link to the R7t. It looks to be a very worthy addition to the line which has has great measurements and subjective reviews thus far. Only criticism I've seen is price. And not for being overpriced. Just not affordable for more folks. The R7t looks to solve that. :)

Right now, I'm hoping to see a pair land at Chez Anderson sometime in April. Hopefully it works out!

And I hope you can make the show. If you do, you need to report back *here* with pics and impressions!

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Right now, I'm hoping to see a pair land at Chez Anderson sometime in April. Hopefully it works out!

And I hope you can make the show. If you do, you need to report back *here* with pics and impressions!

Yes, pictures, of course!!

Here's a link to the R7t tower data sheet with Harman "Spin-O-Rama" measurements. (the measurements for the S7t and the bookshelf model have both been independently checked and found to be accurate.) Very impressive and not achieved by many, thus far.

JStewart

Senior AV Addict
Supporter
Very sorry to say I didn't make it to the show. :(
While a bummer for me, from what I've seen of show reports on line, these were well liked. Not surprising, but good hear regardless. :)

Top Bottom