Front Speakers
NHT Super One
Center Channel Speaker
NHT Super One
Surround Speakers
NHT Super One
Subwoofers
SVS SB-16 Ultra
I purchased a SB16 Ultra several month ago, but I have now just found time to get a UMIK1 and load REW on my laptop. My home theater setup if almost exclusively for movies. My setup is 5 NHT super ones, SVS SB16 Ultra, and an old Yamaha RX-V2700.
Here are my settings:

SB16 Gain = -10
AVR Sub Out = -7
AVR Cross Over = 80
AVR All Speaker set to small.

I have attached the graph from REW for my SB16 and Front Right Speaker. Does anybody have any suggestions for making adjustments in the SVS App for some of the dips and peaks.

1. Should I cut the peak at 34Hz down a few dB's?
2. Should I bump the dip at 52Hz up a few dB's?

There is only one place to put a subwoofer in my den and that is the wall on the right hand
side of our fireplace. The front speakers are to the left and right of the subwoofer. So, moving the subwoofer to get a better frequency response is not an option.

The sub sounds good to me during movies but I was just wondering if I need to make any adjustments.

Thanks in advance for you opinions....

Attachments

• Sub80FrMay 7.mdat
    123.2 KB · Views: 23

John Mulcahy

REW Author
If you're happy with the sound you don't need to do anything. You could experiment with bringing that 30-38 Hz region down a bit to see whether you prefer it more even, but you might like the effect the raised level has with movie soundtracks. A middle ground might be to lower the 30-38 Hz region but raise the overall sub level a bit. The process of making adjustments can suck you in, so it isn't necessarily worth spending much time on it if there isn't a problem you are trying to solve.

Top Bottom