Only periodic signal out

KMMM

Registered
After updating to V5.20 I only get periodic or stuttering signal out from my sound card (Motu M2). Works fine with other softwares then REW.
it looks like this. Any clues to what the reason might be? (I'm on Mac - Catalina 10.15.7)

Last edited:

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Which version did you upgrade from? Is the sample rate for the Motu in Audio Midi Setup the same as the rate in REW?

KMMM

Registered
I upgraded from 19 since I could not get it to work. Catalina problems?
I don't remember which v. I had before that. (18?) I have tried everything now. The same problem persists.
Maybe I should downgrade...is it possible?
Sample rate is the same all over.
I will try in parallels and see if that’ll work.

Last edited:

KMMM

Registered
Same set-up in Parallels for Mac and latest V5.20 works without the stutter. So I will stick to Windows 10 for the time being. Hope it will be solved in some future update where ever the problem might be hidden.

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Were you getting gaps in all the generator signal types or just certain signals?

KMMM

Registered
I get gaps in all of them.
But now I can not get signal to Windows 10 in Parallels at all. These are my settings om mac 5.20 I must be doing something wrong.
I have not had any issues before i updated. Strange...

KMMM

Registered
Could this be the problem?
I get the same message no matter what buffer size I choose though...

John Mulcahy

REW Author
Does that message come from the Motu driver? Larger is generally better for measurement systems, say 2048 samples or larger. What is the "Use lowest latency safety offsets" setting? Low latency = smaller buffers so might cause issues. Check that none of the Windows volume controls have ended up set to zero.

The Mac settings look fine, though I would use smaller buffer settings, say 32k.

Bernard

Does that message come from the Motu driver? Larger is generally better for measurement systems, say 2048 samples or larger. What is the "Use lowest latency safety offsets" setting? Low latency = smaller buffers so might cause issues. Check that none of the Windows volume controls have ended up set to zero.

The Mac settings look fine, though I would use smaller buffer settings, say 32k.
Hello,
Motu 2 settings :

Top Bottom